Custom website design
A custom website needs to be created when the existing CMS and CRM solutions cannot provide the site’s business tasks, user needs, when there is a non-standard task, ultra-fast and high-performance processes, a non-standard website structure and a custom database. The design of a custom site is always based on the business tasks of the site and user needs, which determine the functional requirements and requirements for the content of the site, the necessary content elements. Based on this, the information architecture of the site and the definition of user interaction with the functionality of the site, that is, an interactive design, or interaction design, are formed. It involves the development of specific user scenarios. This becomes the basis for information design, site user interface design and navigation design (this is a system of software and visual tools that help the user navigate the site and find the necessary information). All this ultimately determines the visual design: visual and graphical representation of the text, graphical interface elements and navigation components.
Custom web design is also influenced by Front-end technologies that will be used on the site.
We constantly monitor fashion trends in web design, but the design is always based on business tasks and user needs of the product being developed, as well as customer wishes and business and brand features.
Webdesign trends 2020:
- Adaptive design. Adaptive design. In 2020, more and more brands, regardless of their size, will create responsive websites. As a result, companies will significantly save money by creating one site that effectively delivers content on different devices.
- Semi-flat design (“semi-flat,” “almost flat,” “flat 2.0.”).
— Physics-based usability. Must reflect reality – effects when dragging, layering, transitions;
— Focus on color. Unlike simple flat design, semi-flat design uses shadows, especially for call-to-action buttons, links, and even single words in the text.
- Minimalism — is not a new trend, but rather the return of the hero. The advantages of minimalism – aesthetics, practicality and technicality – have not changed since last year. Simplicity makes it possible to develop a hierarchy structure.
- Personalized design means individualized icons, original drawings and images, user-oriented design.
- Modularity. The problem of a large amount of content is solved with the help of design and modular layouts that easily transform a web page into a convenient block structure.
Nonstandard grid. Back in 2019, many different ways of arranging elements on the site page appeared. The classic grid is gradually becoming a thing of the past. The fact is that now the page has no division into several clear columns: photos and text can be arranged randomly, can even run into each other, thereby creating unusual compositions.
- Material design. Another manifestation of simplification and brevity is material design. This visual style is considered both natural and modern. In material design, light, shadows, perspective and movement already appear. It evokes a sense of reality of the user and the viewer.
Colors: vibrant colors and gradients, as well as the duoton, are popular. Attract attention and catch your eye – a bright and saturated color can easily cope with this task. This season, designers use one bright color, several of its shades, or two-tone schemes.
Animation has long played a key role in interfaces. More and more visual tools are appearing with which you can easily create animations. Small interactive animated elements that carry a navigation function have become popular: they help users see the result of their actions or explain further steps on the site.
Custom graphics. Design elements that look as if they were drawn by hand are becoming more and more popular. This applies not only to images – very often you can see handwritten fonts, original graphics, custom buttons or icons in the design.
- Cinemagraphs — a kind of animated GIF-images, where, unlike the old-fashioned GIFs, only a small part of the image is animated, which moves slightly, sometimes even hardly noticeably.
- SVG-files. This scalable vector graphics presents great advantages for web designers and developers than traditional JPG, PNG, GIF images. SVG has many advantages: files load quickly, they are responsive and interactive, and they are also easy to change.
Large background images and videos. They attract and hold the attention of the audience. Using a background image or video in web design impresses the user. Examples of successful use of a large image or looped background video on the site are common, which tells us about the benefits and effectiveness of using large images as a background.
Price from $25 / hour
Our custom website design process
1. Briefing, instruction, specification
The most important stage is the idea and brief for the custom website design, which indicates all the conditions and wishes. The main idea and task of the site. Site structure, main blocks.
2. Context and competitor analysis
We study the scope and competitive environment, analyze the target audience. Competitors sites, cross-categories research. Creation of interactive prototype.
3. Design approval with customer
Definition with the general style, composition of the site. The choice of color palette, fonts, graphics, accents for the site.
4. Ready-made design layout
Final changes within the technical specifications and delivery of the layout to the customer or programmer.